Historical Society, church activities, Fountain Valley Coordinating
Council and Parent Teacher Organization
* PRESENT OCCUPATION: Busy volunteer and secretary in the Home and
Hobbies Building at the Orange County Fair
* EXPLAIN YOUR JOB IN 15 WORDS OR LESS: Compiling historical information
about Fountain Valley and trying to a secure a place to display the
* YOUR GREATEST ACHIEVEMENT: Mom to five wonderful kids, 1998 Elks
Fountain Valley Citizen of the Year, 1992 Faith Lutheran Volunteer of the
* PERSONAL MOTTO: Accentuate the positive, eliminate the negative, and
accept responsibility for your own actions
* MOST HUMBLING MOMENT: Any time small children point out something I've
done or said wrong
* YOUR GREATEST EXTRAVAGANCE: Eating out
* MOST INFLUENTIAL BOOK YOU'VE READ: I read more articles and newspapers
* WHAT CASSETTE OR COMPACT DISC IS IN YOUR CAR RIGHT NOW? "Out of This
World" by Maureen McGovern
* YOUR MOST TREASURED POSSESSION: A great husband
* WHICH WORDS OR PHRASE DO YOU OVERUSE? "Well...?" or "Ohhhh?"
* WHAT CAN YOU COOK? My specialties are fried chicken and cinnamon rolls.
* A HABIT YOU WISH YOU COULD CONTROL: Eating potato chips
* THE COLLEGE MAJOR YOU ALMOST CHOSE: Teaching
* YOUR LAST CHARITABLE ACT: I love to do things for my 4-H club, the
Jordan Jaguars 4-H club.
* AS A CHILD, WHAT DID SCHOOLMATES TEASE YOU ABOUT? Freckles
* WHAT IS IN YOUR CAR TRUNK RIGHT NOW? A spare tire and a chain for
* THE FIRST THING THAT ATTRACTED YOU TO YOUR PARTNER OR SPOUSE: Sense of
* THE WORST IDEA YOU EVER HAD: Assuming that my children were alike
* WHAT WOULD YOU HAVE BEEN VOTED IN HIGH SCHOOL: Least punctual
* WHO ARE YOUR HEROES? My parents
* FAVORITE ESCAPE FROM REALITY: Holden Village, a church retreat location
* ONE THING YOU WOULD CHANGE ABOUT THE WORLD IF YOU COULD: Saving
children from stupid adults or eliminating frivolous lawsuits
* YOUR IDEA OF EXERCISE: Water aerobics
* WHAT DO YOU DISLIKE MOST ABOUT YOUR APPEARANCE? My weight
* I HAVE A DREAM THAT: Everyone could have faith in God and treat their
fellow man with respect
* FAVORITE QUOTE: "Profanity (and vulgarity) is the effort of the
feebleminded to express themselves."
* PHONE OR ADDRESS WHERE PEOPLE CAN REACH YOU: Through the city of
Fountain Valley, Fountain Valley Historical Society, 593-4400.