Three children eat marijuana cookies

October 27, 2010

An 11-year-old boy and his two friends were hospitalized last week after unknowingly eating marijuana cookies.

The children were taken to Huntington Beach Hospital on Oct. 20 for marijuana poisoning after eating cookies a neighbor had dropped off, said Lt. Russell Reinhart.

Huntington Beach resident Jason Davis, 40, dropped off the cookies to the parents of the boy hospitalized.

The parents were allegedly unaware the cookies contained pot and set the wrapped cookies aside as an early holiday gift, Reinhart said.


The boy and his two friends later came home and ate the cookies before going to play at the park.

When the three returned to their respective homes, they felt dizzy, lethargic, had headaches and were vomiting.

The boy's parents took him to the hospital. Soon after, his friends' parents brought them to the hospital.

All children were released from the hospital.

Davis called the Police Department and responded to the hospital when he heard the children had eaten the cookies, Reinhart said. He was allegedly aware the cookies contained marijuana.

Officials said they are investigating the incident, but no arrests have been made.

—Britney Barnes

Huntington Beach Independent Articles Huntington Beach Independent Articles