Advertisement

Fire in bed causes $60,000 in damages

December 29, 2010

Officials responded to a fire Sunday night after a resident's bed caught fire, causing an estimated $60,000 in damages.

The Huntington Beach Fire Department was called out about 8:30 p.m. to a multiunit condominium at 1320 Applecross Lane after a resident went into their master bedroom and found their entire bed on fire, said Deputy Fire Marshal Jeff Lopez.

Two residents were downstairs when they heard cracking and their dog began barking. One went upstairs to find the bed on fire and ran back down the stairs alerting the other.

Advertisement

The two got out of the condo and called 911, Lopez said.

Officials found smoke pouring out of the second story of the building when they arrived. Firefighters put out the fire in 20 minutes and were able to contain it inside the unit.

The master bedroom was destroyed, and the second floor was damaged from the smoke, Lopez said.

No injuries were reported, he said.

Officials are investigating the incident.

—Britney Barnes

Huntington Beach Independent Articles Huntington Beach Independent Articles
|
|
|